Swansea’s BEES group has been operating since 2007 to develop a co-ordinated approach to enterprise education across Swansea.
Membership of the group is drawn from:-
- Gower College Swansea
- University of Wales Trinity St David (UWTSD)
- Swansea University
- Careers Wales
- Primary and Secondary School Headteachers
- City & County of Swansea
- Menter a Busness
- Private Sector Representatives
- Centre 4 Entrepreneurial Education
Achievements by the group include:-
- Accredited qualification for Enterprise Educators developed (led and developed by UWTSD).
- Co-ordinated provision of enterprise activities as part of annual ‘Enterprise Week’
- Good practice on entrepreneurship education across Swansea shared through BEES group.
- Two Enterprise Development Officer posts established supporting enterprise events in schools including Young Business Dragons and Enterprise Troopers competitions.
- Enterprise packages/activities developed for the Welsh Baccalaureate and work with Welsh Baccalaureate representatives to develop integration of enterprise into the curriculum.
- Entrepreneurship Academy set up by Gower College Swansea.
- Swansea SEED fund established to offer start-up funding for Young Entrepreneurs.
- Contribution at regional, National, UK and European level forums to provide examples of best practice and learning from others.
- Primary School Bees project
The BEES group continues to meet 3-4 times each year, the meetings provide an opportunity to identify and share best practice, share updates and information with partners and identify opportunities for joint working to deliver and enhance enterprise education across Swansea.
For further information or to get involved in the work of the group, contact Michelle Parfitt Tel: 01792 637265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org