- Start your own Business?
- Are you interested in becoming self-employed?
- Do you have an idea that you want to develop into a business?
If you answered Yes then don’t be put off! More than half a million people in the UK start their business each year. Indeed, Swansea is often cited as one of the best places to start or develop a business in the UK.
Being your own boss can be hard work but also exciting, challenging and rewarding. Please find below sources of advice to help get you started and improve your chance of success.
Visit the Business Wales website for Start Up support for advice on the following topics:
- Starting up and Business Planning
- Self Employment
- Business Plan
- Market Research
- Managing your Finances
- Building a Team
- Further Guides
There’s also additional support online through the Business Wales Funding Search tool.
Business Wales Helpline: 03000 6 03000
The BOSS service is provided by Business Wales. The service provides online learning courses to help people who are:
- thinking about, or actually, starting a business
- already running a business
- looking to grow their business
To join BOSS all a person needs is access to a computer with a current browser and an internet connection. Course materials include interactive guides, videos, downloadables and quizzes.
BOSS courses are all FREE, to do BOSS courses you need register to set up a learning account.
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support (if you’re a lone parent)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) – if you’re in the Work-Related Activity Group
The UK Government also provide guidance on how to ‘Start your own business‘.